Friday, September 25, 2015

Playing with Nothing

Do you want to play?
I sure do. But I can't. With all of the changes occurring in downtown Media, the one that has left a bitter taste in my mouth is our lack of options when it comes to the bars. Personally, I prefer hole-in-the-wall bars with jukeboxes and games. Old State Tavern, my first watering hole, was sold and will no longer be a place to shoot some pool or darts. Right across from my home is the Plumstead. Just sold, gonna be a fancy pizza and pub place. What do we have left? Joclyns, great for its deck, but once the cold air arrives, doesn't have much to offer. And there's John's, which is great for cheap drinks and local pervs, plus breakfast all day and night, but there's nothing to do, no games to play, nada. The only place to play pool in Media is at the VFW. Members only. Exclusive hole-in-the-wall club, which I am determined to get into. 

I am just not that into talking while drinking. I like to play competitive games like pool, darts, bocce, shuffleboard, etc. So it has to be known that the reason for all of our "awesome" bars in Media not providing pool tables or games is because it draws in the riff-raff, the kind of clientele who doesn't spend much money, doesn't tip, and scares away the clientele that does. I get it. But it also excludes many people who, like myself, LOVE to spend my money all night on games AND drinks! And I have expensive taste in drinks. And I am a good tipper. But I'm beat. Media is great, you can walk everywhere, there are a plethora of great places to eat, unique mom and pop shops that support local artisans, and people are nice. BUT I WANNA PLAY!

https://youtu.be/1iAYhQsQhSY

 
https://youtu.be/_62hfITLlU0

No comments:

Post a Comment